What we do
We develop and promote initiatives in political scenarios to ensure the acknowledgment and compliance of sexual and reproductive rights, as well as the strengthening of a secular State. All these in partnership with other social, international and national non-profit organizations and networks.
- We contributed to the approval and enactment of the Therapeutic Abortion Protocol, approved and enacted in June 2014.
- We contributed to the signing of the commitment for the implementation of the Nº029-2011-CRA/CR Regional Ordinance, signed by the Ayacucho’s Regional Government and Regional Council in march 2017. This ordinance allows the access to sexual and reproductive medical care to the adolescent community, without the need for previous authorization from their parents and/or guardians.
- We contributed to the signing of the commitment for the implementation of the Nº011-2009-CRU/CR Regional Ordinance, signed by the Ucayali’s Regional Government and Regional Council in January 2017. This commitment will allow the promotion of the adolescent community’s access to sexual orientation and reproductive medical care in the Ucayali region.
What we do
We promote plural, open and participatory public debate on the importance of a secular State in the context of democracy in Peru and its implications for women's sexual and reproductive rights, in which a Catholic theological feminist approach is included.
- Introduction of the citizen proposal before the Congress of the Republic, Law that decriminalizes abortion in cases of pregnancy due to sexual violation, artificial insemination or non-consensual egg transfer.
- Impulse of the campaign "We Are All Mariana" with the aim of encouraging reflection in youths and adults Catholics and non-Catholics on the importance of the existence of a secular State that ensures the right of women to choose the termination of unwanted pregnancies product of sexual violation, in the framework of defense of sexual and reproductive rights, through debate and awareness actions in social networks.